ECO•TRANS•FAIRE is an Interreg IV-A project focusing on eco-renovation and eco-construction. This cross-border project encompasses Lorraine, the south of the province of Luxembourg in Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
ECO•TRANS•FAIRE’s approach is unique in the sense that it covers – in parallel in the three territorial zones – the entire value chain of the sector involved in the eco-renovation and eco-construction of a building: SUPPLY, DEMAND and EMPLOYMENT.
In order to support the entire value chain of the industry, from supply and demand to employment, the project focused on four pillars:
- Pillar “companies” : Networking of professionals and local economic actors (VSEs, SMEs, craftsmen) in the eco-renovation and sustainable construction sector.
- Pillar “sponsors” : Accompaniment and advice to clients, communities or individuals for their eco-renovation or eco-construction projects.
- Pillar “sectors” : Creation of local channels for the production of ecological or recycled materials and sustainable channels for the management of construction site waste.
- Pillar “employment and training” : Creation of a cross-border network of actors in employment, integration and vocational training for the development of skills.
The project has helped to strengthen cross-border cooperation in the three regions, supporting local eco-renovation and sustainable building provision to meet local needs for housing, employment and training. It has enabled :
- local businesses to be included in the cross-border offer through training and involvement in the entire construction cycle ;
- to benefit people working in the construction sector by training them in techniques leading to the BBC standard and by facilitating the exchange of good practices on construction sites ;
- to support jobseekers by enabling them to gain a foothold in the renovation and sustainable construction industry by providing access to a cross-border employment platform to match supply and demand.
Partners and co-financing of the project :
The deliverables from this project are available on request (email@example.com)
Some information links :