The Cluster Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) Greater Region, coordinated by EcoTransFaire, organised with its partners for the SSE companies of the Greater Region, the
“First cross-border business convention on sustainable procurement”
Event organised with the support of Mouves Grand Est, CRESS GRAND EST, ULESS – Union luxembourgeoise de l’économie sociale et solidaire, CCI Grand Nancy, the municipality of Mont-Saint-Martin.
- Mathieu Klein (President of the Department of Meurthe-et-Moselle) who underlined the economic stakes of responsible purchasing with sectors where resources are not available.
- Yannick Marting (Purchasing and Logistics Director at the Shopping Village Pall Center): “Buying a product means understanding its history and respecting the supplier“.
- Philippe Lerouvillois (Manager Valoprest, Florange Ecologie Industrielle et Insertion (Fe2i)) presented the innovative ecological channels and its purchasing policy.
- Sandrine Grumberg (Viasourcing Manager): “There is intelligence to be shared; (…) why buy new!?”.
- Pit Winandy (DG Employment Forum, not-for-profit organisation) which presented the innovative partnership with Creos Luxembourg.
In the afternoon, 600 exchanges took place during the personalised business meetings.
No less than a hundred sales, collaboration or service agreements were formalised at the end of the event. The many positive feedback that was expressed highlights the following :
- The rediscovery of previously unsuspected local suppliers (some companies used to turn to Paris for services available near them!) ;
- The (more) global approach adopted by SSE companies;
- The great transparency of “speed meeting” exchanges;
- The value of sharing good practices in cross-border cooperation;
- New opportunities for SSE companies to participate in future public purchases (which represent nearly EUR 100 million for a department such as Meurthe et Moselle) …
And requests for a 2020 edition !
In response to this, numerous working sessions were held with the Cluster partners for a 2020 convention in Saarbrücken. Due to Covid-19, the convention that was to take place in June has been postponed to a later date..
For more information, contact Frédéric THEATE (email@example.com)